At the end, we both totally agree this movie is veryyy good. Thumbs Up. If i have third tumbs on my hands, i will show it to you too.
If you guys have not watch it, here is some small part of its summary but i wont tell much. You have to watch it yourself. I dont want to be spoiler at here though.
"Slumdog Millionaire is the story of Jamal Malik (Patel), an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai, who is about to experience the biggest day of his life. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India¹s "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"
This movie is about how's the life of slump people in India live. These poor little starving kids and slump people really eke out their life to live on in that veryyyyyyyyyyy terrible place. However, kids are kids, they are all too naive and never know those life are bad. That's better. I just feel that we are Malaysian should be grateful to what we have. I do not know if any Malaysian who had live for decades in Condominium, Apartments and Bungalows will able to survive in those slumps area like they do.
For those who do not know about this film, then you should know it.
This movie had :
- Nominated for ten Academy Awards in 2009 and won eight. (Oscars Award)
- won five Critics' Choice Awards
- four Golden Globes
- seven BAFTA Awards, including Best Film
- There are more. If you keen to know, click here
Little trivia for you all, you may not know too.
- Mercedes-Benz asked that its logos be removed in scenes taking place in the slums. The company, according to Danny Boyle, did not want to be associated with the poverty-stricken area, fearing that that might taint its image.
- Director Danny Boyle placed the money to be paid to the 3 lead child actors in a trust that is to be released to them upon their completion of grade school at 16 years of age. The production company has set up for an auto-rikshaw driver to take the kids to school everyday until they are 16 years old.
- The children on the film were only paid a little above local wages for 30 days of work. One child's father said, "We have barely got any money from the film-makers. In fact, whatever came, has already been spent."
- The pile of excreta that the young Jamal jumps into and was made from a combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
- The female lead actress you can see above picture, is potential to be the next Bond Girl. She's great huh. You know what, her competitor to grab this role is Jennifer Aniston. Tough competition huh.
In general, this is a worth movie to be watched. Me and Junlan felt its nice from the beginning til the end. You may cry too for some girls. I felt its pretty interesting movie, no wonder it won so much awards. Good job !!!
Go grab you handphone or get into your msn. Find and date someone, book the movie ticket at nearest cinema. Watch it !!!!!!!!.........